The following are GOcamps tournament rules in addition to guidelines that may be helpful for all players. These rules are subject to change if necessary, and GOcamp administrators reserve the right to make additional decisions outside the defined ruleset if necessary. If any changes are made, all relevant parties will be notified.
- Headadmin: Øistein Sommerfeldt Lysne
- Admin: Eirik Aanonsen
- The Tournament admins are the GOcamp Hearthstone adminteam. They will have the last word in all situations. The decisions taken by the referees shall be binding upon all players. The admins reserve the right to, at any time, remove or change the rules in this document, even during a tournament. All players are encouraged to read all the rules regularly.
- By joining this tournament, all players agree to the rules provided in this document. Where a rule is not clear or there is some question about its application, the administrators have the final say in all matters. Their decision will be taken as final in all matters.
- All participants MUST be present at GOcamp, meaning they must be within the venue during their matches. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Proof of presence of all players will be checked.
- The tournament will use Swiss format, into a single-elimination bracket. All matches will be best of 5, so to win a match, a player must win three matches against three of his or her opponent’s different classes.
- There will be played 5 rounds of swiss, top 8 will proceed to playoffs.
- The tournament format will be Standard Format.
- If a player submits a Wild deck it will not be accepted for tournament play.
- Each player must submit 4 decks of 4 different classes (all with 30 cards). All deck lists must be registered on battlefy at least 1 hour before the tournament starts.
- 1 hour before the tournament the decks are locked and cannot be changed. If a player makes any changes to their deck after this time, they will be disqualified. Random deck checks will take place without notice.
- All decklists will be made public on battlefy when the tournament starts.
- The format of this tournament is SWISS, Last Hero Standing Best of 5 with one ban.
- At the start of the match, the players will ban one of the opponent’s classes on Battlefy.
- Players will be informed of their opponent’s 3 available classes before the match starts, but will not know which class their opponent picks until the game starts.
- Last Hero Standing means that if a player loses with a deck, that deck becomes unplayable for the remaining games of that match. The winning player must continue using the same deck until he or she loses with it.
- All players must take screen shots of loss and win screens as proof of the result.
- Both players must report the score on battlefy and inform an admin on discord of the result after each match.
- All games must be played on the EU Server.
- All players must set their chat status to busy and turn off spectating mode. Players caught allowing spectators will be receiving a warning and a game loss.
- Players may not substitute another player, even using their own account. The account owner must be the one playing in all parts of the competition.
Before the match
- All players must register at the Hearthstone counter to confirm their presence at the event
- Discord channel: https://discord.gg/nux9JJ. All communication with admins and players must go through the discord channel. Your nickname in discord MUST be your Battletag. If you are having trouble with discord and you are not able to reach an admin, you must report to the Game Information Officer at the Admin Desk as soon as possible.
- Please note that the play times will be between posted at: https://www.gocamp.no/tidsplan/. Players who have been knocked out are not required to remain in the discord channel.
- Changes might be announces at the discord channel by admins.
- At the start of each match the players will have the responsibility of communicating and banning classes on battlefy.
- Only the player or a the players team can contact the admin team about their games. This includes all questions, complaints, results etc.
- If players are not present at the time the game was to begin and there is no good reason for this (i.e. network is verified down in their area), one (1) gamewin will be awarded to the opponent after 20 minutes. After 30 minutes the series will be forfeited.
During the match
- All matches will be best-of-5. The first player to win 3 games within the match is considered the winner of the match.
- If a player chooses a deck that has already lost or is banned, they will receive a gameloss. The player will then choose on of their remaining decks to remove from the match. This does not apply if the player was forced to play a specific deck, as they won’t gain an advantage in that case.
- All players must submit their Battletags prior to the tournament in the correct format (i.e. nickname#number), and this account must be the one used throughout the tournament. Players caught using another account will be banned from the tournament, no matter which stage of the competition it is.
- All players must use the nickname they used at the time of sign-up, including on Discord.
- All players must behave themselves. Examples of poor behavior are spamming in-game chat, racism, misogyny, etc.
- If a server crashes before the end of a game, and the match cannot be resumed from where it disconnected, the match will be restarted unless one player has won the game beyond all doubt. Contact an admin as soon as possible if there is a dispute.
- I case of disconnection, under no circumstances should a game be abandoned. If a player has disconnected and there is no interruption on connectivity, the player who abandoned the game may be disqualified. At the very least, the game will be given as a win to the other player. In either case, the administrator should be contacted immediately by BOTH parties.
- If not told otherwise all matches will be played using the players own device.
- Players are allowed to use pen and paper to take notes during a match, as long as the paper is clean before the match starts. It is not allowed to use any kind of software similar to a deck tracker, or other forms of outside assistance.
- No player may listen to or watch a video feed of their own matches while they are playing. Players caught doing this will be receiving a match loss.
- If both players fall to 0HP at the same time, neither player wins the round and the game will be remade with the same decks to be played again.
- By competing in this tournament, you accept that you might appear on the live stream and might be asked for interviews as well as being asked to commentate or analyze matches (after you drop out of the tournament).
- All players must bring their own device for the tournament (BYOC). It is recommended that this device be a laptop or computer with an Ethernet connection to ensure reliable internet connectivity. Players that choose to play on a WiFi/LTE connection do so at their own risk.
After the match
- The match will go on even if a player believes the other player has cheated. The player must then notify an admin and file a complaint after the game. After the complaint has been accepted, the complainant has a window of 10 minutes to gather all evidence and hand it over to the admin. The admins may need some time to process the complaint. Any player caught cheating will be banned from playing in the current tournament.
- All players must show respect to their opponents and the admins, even if a complaint has been made.
- No form of cheating is allowed. This includes any form of third party software, script or other method that changes the way the game is played.
- Exploiting of bugs will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification of the player from the tournament regardless of stage of play.
- Exploits not specifically mentioned in this list should be assumed to be illegal. If you are in doubt about this, please speak to an administrator immediately. The administrator will have the last word on any potential hack, exploit or cheat.
- All players must act professional and display good sportsmanship throughout the tournament. This includes all forms of communication such as discord, BattleNet, in-game chat, etc.
- Acts of racism, sexism or others forms of discrimination will not be tolerated
- Player may get a warning if he does any of the following:
- Refusal to follow the instructions of any game administrator.
- Arriving more than 15 minutes late to the game or missing a game.
- Using foul language and/or displaying poor behavior.
- Behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner
- A player may be disqualified for one of the following:
- Getting more than one warning.
- Any act of intimidation, bullying, or violence (physical or verbal) against participants, observers or game administrators.
- Using cheats or other unfair gaming tactics (i.e. interruption of opponent, physical blocking, exploits, cheat codes, ghosting, etc.).
- Misleading a judge in any way, including falsification of identification documents for country or age.
- Exploiting any bugs that clearly alter the game’s functionality.
© 2020 Made by GO:CAMP Marketing Department